Ghanta Tarkari oriya recipe cooking method and ingredients used in Ghanta Curry odia style cuisine get here.
- Bandha Kobi( Cabbage)- 150 gm
- Mati Aloo(Yam) – 100 gm
- Kakharu( Pumpkin)-100gm
- Moola( Radish)- 100 gm
- Barbati( Runner Beans) -100 gm
- Aloo( Potato) -150 gm
- Tomato – 100gm
- Piaja ( Onion)- 100gm
- Kabuli Chana( Chick Peas)-50 gm
- Badi – 25 gm
- Amurta Bhanda (Papaya)- 200 gm
- Beans – 80 gm
- Sajana Chhuin( Drumstick)- 60 gm
- Baigana(Brinjal, Eggplant)- 175gm
- Janhi( Ridge Gourd)- 130 gm
- Dhania Patra (Coriander Leaves, Cilantro)- 25 gm
- Ada (Ginger) – 25 gm
- Rasuna(Garlic) – 25 gm
- Refine Tela (Refined Oil) – 100 gm
- Haladi Gunda (Turmeric Powder)- 1 tsp
- Pancha Phutan ( Pancha Phoran)- 4 tsp
- Sukhila Lanka (Dry Chili) – 1 or 2( as per taste)
- Teja Patra( Bay Leaf)- 2 pcs
- Tarkari Masala Powder( Curry Powder) – 2 tsp
- Lanka Gunda( Chili Powder)- 1 tsp
- Luna( Salt) – as per taste
How to Prepare (Cook) :-
- Soak the chick peas in water for 4 hrs. Boil them after it. Cut the vegetables into medium small pieces( cabbage, potato, radish , papaya, beans, brinjal, ridge gourd, Yam, pumpkin, runner beans, tomato). Cut the drumstick into 2 inch long pieces.
- Cut thin slices of onion, crush the ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry the badi s till it turns golden brown, take out from oil and keep aside.
- Add pancha phutan, dry chili and bay leaf to the oil. When it s starts spluttering add crushed ginger garlic, fry it for 1, 2 mins. Add sliced onion.
- When the onion turns golden brown add the cut vegetables except tomato and drumstick. Add the boiled chick peas. Stir well.
- Put turmeric powder, curry powder, chili powder and salt to taste. Stir it properly and cover it. Stir it in low flame.
- When the vegetables are half cooked ,add tomatoes and drumstick . Cover it and cook it till the vegetables are well cooked.
- Crushed the fried badi’ s and add it to the curry .Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve with rice or roti.
Follow the above steps to cook a delicious Ghanta Tarkari recipe at your home and enjoy.
Based on 5 Review(s)