Dalma oriya recipe cooking method and ingredients used in Dalama odia style cuisine get here.
- 3/4 cup Toor dal (Harad Dal)
- 1 tsp Ghee or Oil
- 4 dried Red Chillies
- 1 tbs of Ginger minced
- 1 tbs Turmeric
- 1 tsp of Pancha-phutana (Cumin, Mustard, Fennel, Fenu greek, Kala Jeera) seed
- 2 tsp fried Cumin and Red Chilli powder
- 1 peeled Potato cut into large pieces
- 150 gm yellow Pumkin cut into large pcs
- 1 large Brinjal cut into medium size pcs
- 1 green Banana cut into medium size pcs
- 1 small Papaya cut into medium size pcs
- 2 tsp of grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare (Cook) :-
- Dry roast 1 tsp of cumin and red chilli in a pan and grind it properly and leave it aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water and add both dal (toor and chana), salt, minced ginger, turmeric, and leave it until Dal is half cooked.
- Add all vegetables viz. potato, banana, pumkin, brinjal and papaya and cook until vegetables become soft and tender.
- Then add coconut.
- Take oil in the pan & boiled.
- Fry the panch-phutana with until it crackle and then add it to the cooked dal.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin and chilli powder.
- Decorate with grated coriander leaves (optional).
- Serve with hot steam Rice.
Follow the above steps to cook a delicious Dalma recipe preparation at your home and enjoy.