- Baingan (Brinjal) – 1 pc
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) – 1/4 tsp
- Red chillies-3 pcs
- Thick Curd – 250gm
- 2 cloves of garlic minced (optional)
- Green chillies – 2 pcs (chopped)
- Sugar – 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – A pinch
- Curry leaves – Few
- Oil – For frying
- Salt – As required
How to Prepare (Cook) :-
For preparing Dahi Baingan in oriya style,
- Cut brinjal into thin 2-inch long pieces.
- Prepare a mixture of turmeric powder and some salt. Marinate the brinjal pieces with this paste and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Dry roast cumin seed & red chilli & grind it properly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the brinjal pieces to a golden brown color, Keep this aside.
- Pour the Thick Curd into a serving dish and add salt, sugar, little water and fried brinjals. Mix together gently.
- Heat little oil in a pan,fry dried chilli and splutter mustard seeds and fry in low heat for a few seconds.
- Add green chillies ,garlic minced (for taste) Fry and add curry leaves.
- Pour the fried contents into the brinjal curd mixture. Do not stir.
- Then sprinkle the roasted cumin & chilli powder.
- Dahi baingan in oriya style, a traditional oriya favorite, is ready. Serve hot.
Follow the above steps to cook a delicious Dahi Baingan recipe at your home and enjoy.